Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pre-Contiki

So much has happened since I last posted. I'm so glad I decided to bring my computer with me.. We'd be screwed on more than one occasion if I hadn't. It's come in very handy.

anyway, what's happened since Montreal... I don't remember any major dramas occurring since my previous blog entry from the cafe.. And my dip into French. I do remember we were trying to figure out what "Maisonneuve" meant.. Never did work it out. We got a bus back to New York from Montreal. At the customs point (I think around 1am) we all had to get off and go through, checking passports, etc. Kieren went up to the officer and did whatever it is they do, then he was finished and I got called to the same guy. He asked how long I was in Canada for (1 day) and where I was traveling to, etc. I told him I was with Kieren (because we both had a green customs card thing in our passports). He then swiped my passport and asked why I was a wanted person!!! I went bright red and started shaking apparently... He was just testing me, but that freaked me right out.

Then we got back on the bus and continued the journey back to New York bus terminal. We then waited in line for the Washington bus.. Lots of weirdos in New York. One guy was arguing with the bus driver because he didn't get the seat he wanted.

I have to go to bed, it's almost 1am and we're going to the California Contiki Tour tomorrow (up at 5am). Post again soon hopefully.

1 comment:

Scruft said...

Well Maison means house in french, and neuve is similar to neue which is "new" i think. So we were thinking New House Street or something.